It's God's Fault
Sermon: Pastor Marc W3Faith Church 7-27-2017
I.Sovereignty of God
- Some Christians always have an excuse after an excuse why God’s Word is ineffective for them. If they don’t get an instant answer to prayer they give up quickly and use the phrase “Well God is in control” or it is God’s will that I suffer.
- The reason their prayers are hindered is the religious mind -set that blames God for their problems rather than being accountable for themselves. They shift the blame for sickness, poverty and any lack from themselves and use religion to justify it. They don’t examine their lives to see what they are not doing.
- What is religions answer to why someone’s prayer goes unanswered? Let’s look at what Easton’s Bible Dictionary defines the sovereignty of God as “God’s absolute right to do all things according to His absolute pleasure.”
This means He chooses what to do and when to do it. If He feels like answering your prayers He will if not He won’t.
- The key to answered prayer is believing that you have the answer when you pray.
- Mark 11:24 “Everything you ask for in prayer will be yours, if you only have faith.”
II .Resting in the Word
- When we pray we rest in the finished works of Jesus for the answers to our prayers. The answer has been already been provided by grace and through faith we received it.
- Resting in God does not mean inactivity, some Christians think they can sit at home and wait for God to bless them , that’s not the way it works. A money tree won’t appear in your yard tomorrow. When it come to financial increase there is a role labor plays in the process God expects you to work.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10 “If any would not work; neither should he eat.”
- Anyone who refuses to care for his family and uses religious excuses to cover up laziness will experience a house in shambles.
- Proverbs 24:30-31 “I once walked by the field and the vineyard of a lazy fool. Thorns and weeds were everywhere and the stone wall had fallen down.”
- God can’t bring a harvest to a lazy person who won’t work and trust Him. If you want a breakthrough in life you must learn the power of trusting God and resting in him.
- Proverbs 10:4 “Laziness leads to poverty; hard work makes you rich.”
III. Work the Word
A. Bible knowledge
- Besides the physical world’s word you must do you also have to work the Word. You must know what the Bible says about your situation and how to apply the Word to that situation and your life. You can’t just quote some scripture without having a personal relationship with Jesus if you do you will still experience lack in your life.
- Work the Word means you not only read the Bible you study it and let the Holy Spirit reveal to you what the word means and how to apply it to your life. Meditate on the Word.
- The Holy Spirit can’t do anything in your life until you trust Him and speak Word based directions. He can’t do anything if the Word is not operating in you. If you don’t know what God has promised you in His Word the Holy Spirit doesn’t have anything to work with.
IV. Know the Word
A. Written Word
- Before you can hear God’s voice you must know the written Word.
- Heart-knowledge occurs when you become so intimate with God that you begin to hear the voice behind what you read in the Bible or hear from the Pulpit- Creflo Dollar
- The rhema word is the prophetic Word that God gives you to strengthen you and reveal His supernatural plan for situation. God wants to speak to us about every situation we go thorough, but is limited if there is no Word in your heart.
- The promises of God are in the Bible that’s why it is important to study the Bible the terms and conditions are in the Bible.
- Hebrews 12:24 “and Jesus is here! He is the one who makes God’s new agreement with us, and his sprinkled blood says much better things than the blood of Abel.”
- Teaches people to carry their Bible to church on Sunday and leave them in the car so you will have them next week. You can’t leave your Bible on the coffee table unopened and dust covered.
- Even though God is sovereign He can’t do whatever He wants because He is bound by His Word. If He promised to prosper those who seek Him first, then He is bound by His promise. If He didn’t do what He promised He would be a liar and God is not a liar.
- Psalm 89:34 “My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.”
- The main reason people don’t get into the word is because they don’t think all that is necessary to receive from Him. The truth is they are just Lazy!
- Your flesh will tell you that you don’t need to read the Bible or spend time in prayer. I fight it every day in the morning. Your flesh has no concern that the Word is your connection to God.
- When Christians renew their minds with the Word and learn what the Bible says will experience the promises listed in the Bible. They will attend church and worship God joyfully, and look forward to studying God’s Word.
- Now is the time to stop blaming God for the unpleasant situations you find yourself in. He is not the problem a fleshy earthly mind set is. We are all results of our choices weather good or bad. It’s not God’s sovereignty.
If you do your part spiritually and in the natural realm God will bless your faithfulness.
Proverbs 13:4 “No matter how much you want, laziness won’t help a bit, but hard work will reward you with more than enough.”
The choices that we make determine what we have and where we are in life.
Why not put God first in your life.